Friday, November 9, 2012

Too Blessed.

So.

I've been feeling very inspired lately....to write, to think, to learn...I'm engaged, for those who don't know, and that means a few things:

Everything changes, every day...except for the love. If you've got it right, that doesn't change. For me, and my special guy, this has been a challenging time, but one thing has remained, and that has been our ability to laugh with each other, to appreciate each other, to forgive, forget, and move on...to fall in love, more and more, everyday, as corny as that sounds. We've been choosing plates and picking flowers and colors and finding a place to live and sorting out bank accounts, and I'll admit, it's stressful..Everyone tells you to have fun with it! Enjoy it! If I'm honest, I wouldn't be able to have fun or enjoy it without him, my best friend, my love....he brings a smile to my face and reminds me everyday that we are so far beyond blessed it's actually ridiculous.

Life is crazy and we are way to privileged to even have the opportunity to know each other and fall in love and have a wedding, and to be so incredibly blessed beyond what we deserve...I know that it is all- ALL- because of God. I will never understand why he saw fit to allow me to fall in love with my best friend, to build a life with him in a country where I can express my love for my God and not be persecuted for it. I will never understand why I get to eat everyday, and have a well-paying job, and a family still in tact.I did not do anything to deserve this, and yet I have it. And all of that boils down to this:

I will serve and love my God with all of my heart and mind and soul and passion. I will strive to live everyday with my finger pointing to Him.

He is the one. He did all of this.


Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment